The Technology Context – B101
Academic year 2011/12
- Knowledge of the market context, environmental legislation and engineering practices relevant to sustainable developments.
- Investigate and evaluate the effects of environmental legislation, usability requirements and manufacturing costs on the sale price of a technology product.
- Familiarity with technical information provided by environmental agencies and manufacturing companies.
- Awareness of the diverse engineering disciplines required for sustainable development projects.
Syllabus topics, reading materials and lecture notes
- Sustainable development
- Secondary research techniques
- Short report writing techniques
- Presentation techniques
- Statistical and graphical summary of data
- Writing curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letters
Please contact Chi Nguyen
with questions or suggestions.